The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is a five-seater hatchback and one of the most affordable cars from Maruti Suzuki’s premium Nexa collection. It is available in petrol and diesel variants and has been designed for modern-day driving. Maruti Suzuki is known to understand the pulse of Indian conditions and drivers. With the Maruti Ignis, it has attempted to offer a stylish solution to Indian car owners. If you are planning to buy one, then it is important to think about the kind of four-wheeler insurance you would want for it.
In India, vehicle insurance that offers at least third-party liability coverage is mandatory. You can either opt for such a third-party liability-only policy or look for a comprehensive Maruti Ignis Insurance plan. There are many insurers offering insurance to car owners. Before buying a policy, make sure that you compare car insurance providers and plans carefully. In this article, we will talk about how and where you can purchase a Maruti Ignis Insurance policy.
About Maruti Ignis
Launched in 2015, the Maruti Ignis was a replacement for the Maruti Ritz and is sold through the company’s Nexa dealership network. While it was launched in petrol and diesel variants, the diesel variant was discontinued in 2018 due to low demand. A tough urban car, the Maruti Ignis is designed to navigate the concrete jungle effortlessly.
It is available in nine different colours, including Pearl Arctic White, Glistening Grey, Lucent Orange, Nexa Blue, Silky Silver, Turquoise Blue, Nexa Blue with Silver Roof, Lucent Orange with Black Roof, and Nexa Blue with Black Roof. The average ex-showroom price of the Maruti Ignis ranges between ₹5.35 lakhs and ₹7.72 lakhs.
Types of Maruti Suzuki Ignis Insurance
There are three types of Maruti Ignis car insurance policies:
- Third-Party Insurance: offering coverage from any damage caused by your vehicle to a third-party person or property due to an accident caused by your vehicle. In India, the Motor Vehicles Act makes it mandatory for all car owners to have this coverage.
- Own Damage Insurance: offering coverage from any damage to the insured car regardless of who causes the accident. You can purchase this policy and the mandatory third-party policy for better coverage.
- Comprehensive Insurance: offering complete protection against third-party liabilities and damages to your vehicle due to accidents, collisions, and various other reasons. Many insurers offer a comprehensive Maruti Ignis policy with optimum coverage.
Where Can You Buy Maruti Ignis Insurance?
Traditionally, car owners needed to visit the website of the insurance provider to purchase a policy. However, in recent years, most developers have started offering car insurance online. Here is a quick view of the process of buying Maruti Ignis insurance online.
- Visit the website of the insurer.
- Enter the registration number and other details of your car
- Choose the type of insurance you need (third-party, own damage, or comprehensive)
- If you are opting for a comprehensive plan, choose the insured declared value, add-on covers, and deductibles based on your needs
- Go through the policy wordings to understand the inclusions and exclusions of the policy
- Pay the premium online
- Receive the policy documents at your registered email address
Maruti Suzuki Ignis Insurance Cost
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is available in multiple variants: Sigma, Delta, Zeta, and Alpha. The Maruti Ignis insurance price is different for each variant. Also, the premium is impacted by a range of factors, including:
- The age of the car
- Your geographical location
- The Insured Declared Value (IDV) of the car
- Add-on covers chosen by you
- Any applicable No Claim Bonus discounts, etc.
Before buying the insurance plan, you can visit the website of the insurer and use the online premium calculator to get an estimate of the cost of the Maruti Ignis insurance plan.
The mandatory third-party liability-only policies do not offer protection against damages to the insured car. However, if you opt for the comprehensive Maruti Ignis policy, you get coverage from third-party liabilities plus damages to your vehicle due to accidents, collisions, or various other reasons. Make that you compare providers and plans and understand the inclusions and exclusions of the policy before making a decision. Good Luck!